It is important to understand that American’s currently have two options when buying health insurance.
- Higher Income: Buy a private policy (Off-Exchange) for 2014 (no underwriting / no pre-existing).
- Middle Income: Apply for a 2014 On-Exchange Subsidy (Obamacare) and receive Federal Subsidy to help pay your health insurance premium.
The best option depends on your situation. This is why you must call us for free guidance.
Here are some examples:
FIRST EXAMPLE: If you are 45 years old and very healthy and earn over $46,000 a year, you want to buy a private health insurance policy (Option 1). This will save you the most time and you can apply directly with the company. You do not need to apply through the government.
SECOND EXAMPLE: If you have a moderate income (Over $12,000), then Option 2 would be your best choice.
All of this may seem extraordinarily confusing. This is why the Federal Government has Federally Facilitated Marketplace (FFM) Certified Agents. Who can assist you in finding the best option for you.
Some things to consider when checking on quotes and plan options.
- Does my doctor accept this coverage?
- Is my local hospital in-network?
- I travel for work, is this a regional plan or national PPO?
- Is this an HMO that requires referrals?
Sometimes people simply buy the lowest quoted premiums, when really their needs require a higher level of coverage. No matter what you situation we can Help You Get the best Health Insurance Plan and shop all options.